At Hope Rising we understand the importance of helping families help their loved ones on their own time, in their own environment. We also understand the importance of the functional application of speech therapy strategies and tools across these environments. We offer home training programs that combine the best of the therapy world with the home carryover world at an affordable cost to you both in terms of time and money.
Articulation Home Package:
This program consists of the following:
- Initial session (if client has current evaluation), informal in depth evaluation of sounds client is having difficulty with; this includes a short write up OR
- Initial session (if client does not have recent formal evaluation), formal in depth evaluation of sounds client is having difficulty with; this includes a more detailed write up
- Follow up within approximately one week to go over results, explain basics of articulation therapy for specific needs, and provide materials to get started for a couple of weeks
- Future follow ups up in 2-4 week intervals (based on client preference and need) to see how home sessions are going, provide tips on working on sound, provide materials and training until next sessions
Setting up Your Home for Communication Package:
This program is geared towards clients who are non-verbal or have a limited number of verbalizations and have or may need AAC. It consists of the following:
- Initial session to review client communication needs through interview, observation, and review of speech therapy records
- Second session for more specific evaluation of needs if necessary
- Third session to review a plan outlining how to set up the home environment for communication, including family training on increasing client communication
- Future follow ups up in 2-4 weeks intervals (based on client preference and need) to see how home sessions are going, provide tips on improving communication, provide materials and/or sources to make/acquire needed materials for client
Sessions for both packages would be scheduled for 50 minutes each in the comfort of your home, and would include materials you can use on your own and suggestions for apps/other materials that could help. Please contact us for more information on these packages.